- GET READY! 9/14/14 The TRIFECTA Triathlon offers sprint and olympic distance races. Experience the beautiful confines of Possum Kingdom Lake – the ‘Great Lake of Texas’. Experience an epic swim with the infamous Hell's Gate’ staring at you. Experience the spectacular bike & run courses. Experience the Saturday Night Picnic at the YMCA Camp Grady Spruce. Experience the event amenities - dry fit shirt, visor, bag, personalized race bibs, and much more.
- Active Older Adults, Silver Sneakers Retreat! Monday, October 20. Spend the day at Possum Kingdom Lake and enjoy all our wonderful outdoor activities for only $5 and an extra $5 to ride horses. Register at your local YMCA today! Meet at 7:15am at the SMU Campus to ride the bus out to camp. Contact Nevin with all questions 940.682.6277
- Missing the weeks you'd spend at camp each year? Here's your chance to spend the weekend with us reliving all your favorite camp activities and reconnecting with camp friends! Save the date and be sure to reserve your cabin today, because this is a weekend you won't want to miss! August 15-17th, 2014! Call Nevin for more details at 940.682.6277 or fill our the 2014 Registration Form. Join our Alumni Association by updating your contact information with us HERE!
- Want to see your camp counselors again? The kids in your cabin? Reconnect with alumni from years ago? Then mark your calendars, December 21st, at the Galleria Mall in Dallas from 6:30pm-8:30pm! We'll be announcing some new activities for Summer 2015 - be the first to know! RSVP here.
We know that when you serve, it is not JUST you serving. It’s your entire family. We want to honor your service by giving you a home-away-from-home lake house to get away to for you and your entire family. Come relax at Camp Grady Spruce and make the absolute most of the time that you spend together. Call Nevin for more information and to book your stay for our exclusive Military Family Camping Weekend August 22nd-24th, 2014.
- Needing a weekend gataway with the family? Missing camp? THIS WEEKEND ONLY, Cabin rentals will be 50% OFF! September 19-21, 2014. Activities include archery, riflery, canoeing, horseback riding, barge rides to Devil's Island and hiking! Rental rates for families are $180 for two nights! Rates for groups are $34 per person, with out meals, $62 per person, with meals. Cabins are fully air-conditioned and sleep between 10-12 people. Call or e-mail Nevin McCoy for more details at 940.682.6277
- June 6th-7th, Red Bull will be hosting their Cliff Diving World Series event at Possum Kingdom Lake! Need somewhere to stay? We are the ONLY PLACE on PK Lake that still has room available. Call or e-mail Nevin McCoy for reservation information at 940.682.6277! Check out this awesome video about the event, too.
- December 30-January 1: Winter Camp! Ready for a winter campout you'll never forget? We're opening Winter Camp to all 13-16 year olds who want to kick off the new year... AT CAMP! 3pm drop off, 3pm pick up - $180 per person, EXCLUSIVE Winter Camp Shirt included! Limited space available. Register by December 15th.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM HERE
- YMCA Camp Grady Spruce chooses one weekend each spring and each fall to devote to families that have children with disabilities, the most common including Aspergers, Autism and Down Syndrome. Our goal is to pull families out of their usual world and create an environment where your entire family can enjoy the outdoors, each other, and even other families with similar interests and lifestyles. Families are welcome to invite whoever they want. This is a family event, siblings, and all are invited! Children 4 & under are free, and the cost is only $73 per person for the entire weekend! Contact Nevin or fill out our Cabin Request form for more information!
Read what families have said about this special weekend!
“From the first email, responses were quick and complete. Even up to arrival we were
accommodated and welcomed.”
- “It was nice to NOT be judged by “normal families”. “
“Everything could be modified so that every child could attempt (the activities) at their level.
“We felt safe and comfortable the entire time we were there.”
“All three of our kids, including (our specially challenged child) got to do every activity.”
“It was great to spend some time with (my daughter) because so much of our activities at
home revolve around her brother (who is specially challenged). “
“At home we never have a chance to spend the entire weekend together.”
“All four of us were able to do things together. Usually, mom or dad takes one or both kids
individually to do things.”
“The single biggest factor, other than being away from home and distractions like TV, was that
we didn’t have to plan for or prepared meals. That is a HUGE time-saver and equaled more
leisure time for our family.”
“We got to know some families in our special education class a little better – we mostly spent
time ‘rebounding’ as a family which is also important.”
“None of our close friends were able to come but we did meet lots of new friends. It is easy to
talk when you understand from the beginning about the special needs.”
“We had conversations with other families and further understand their trials and tribulations.
We felt so much less alone. “
“Mom shot a gun! One of our sons is scared of horses but went horseback riding.”
“Tried horseback riding, archery, canoeing and riflery which were all new to us. Some of my
kids were nervous and quite proud of doing well.”
- “It was so relaxing and fun.”