Adventure, exploration, and amazing learning opportunities await your child! Below are some resources that will help you plan for your trip.
STAAR Criteria Met at Camp!
We spend the majority of our day engaged in hands-on learning in the out of doors. Which is very exciting! However, proper packing is key to enjoying your camp experience. Below is a list of items which are useful at camp.
What to Bring
|• Tennis/ Closed toe shoes||• Durable Water bottle|
|• Pajamas||• Flashlight/ Batteries|
|• Underclothes/Socks||• Sunglasses|
|• Old T- Shirts||• Disposable Camera|
|• Jeans required for horses||• Backpack|
|• Windbreaker/ light jacket|
|• Hat/ Cap||Items to Leave at Home|
|• Shorts||• Food or Candy|
|• Rain Gear||• Cell Phone,|
|Video Games, Digital &|
|Bedding||Video Cameras, IPODS,|
|• 1 set of twin sheets||CDs/ Tapes/DVD’s/|
|• Blanket||• Jewelry/ Valuables|
|• Sleeping bag||• Anything you or the|
|• Pillow||camper would be upset|
|if it became: scratched,|
|Toiletries||stained, or lost.|
|• Shampoo/ Soap|
|• Toothbrush/ Toothpaste|
|• Comb/ Brush|
Please allow up to 4 days for mail to arrive at camp. Use the following address for mailing:
Name of School
YMCA Camp Grady Spruce
3000 Park Road 36
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- The SAFETY of your child and everyone at camp is top priority.
- Students are under constant adult supervision.
- The camp staff are trained in first aid and CPR, plus, quick access to 911 services is available.
- The school is responsible for distributing medications to students.
- Students do not swim in the water. Life jackets are mandatory for the boat trip to the Island.
- Classes/activities are curriculum based and specifically designed to include information covered on the STAAR test.
- The cabins are heated, air conditioned, and restrooms and showers are inside each cabin.