Campers participate in regular camp activities and have activities unique to the needs of children who have parents who are or who have been deployed.
- Reduce feelings of isolation among Army Reserve youth within a designated region.
- Deliver meaningful opportunities for participation that are proven to enhance youth's skills in leadership, independence, peer relationships, self esteem, adventure and exploration.
- Create a platform for the discussion of and reflection on personal experience with deployment, sustainment and reunion.
- Introduce youth to a local, quality youth development organization
- Provide 5-7 days respite to Army Reserve Parents
For more information, please contact Allison Schwartz at 214 319 9944.
This special program is partially funded through contributions to YMCA Camp Grady Spruce's Partner's Campaign.