To put Christian values into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
We accomplish our mission through programs and services that teach and demonstrate values like respect, caring, responsibility and honesty.
The YMCA will be the premier human development agency in north Texas to teach values to kids, to strengthen and support families, to help teenagers to make the transition into adulthood and to create safe environments that allow individuals to attain total health.
BEHAVIOR POLICY STATEMENT
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. YMCA Behavior Standards outline prohibited behaviors as well as expected behaviors.
The YMCA reserves the right to warn, suspend, expel terminate any member, guest or program participant in the following situations:
- Failure to follow YMCA behavior standards or from violation of any other posted, published or communicated rules or policies at a YMCA branch or program/event.
- If a person has been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
- If a person require an inordinate amount of attention from the staff thereby causing inadequate levels of supervision for the remainder of the participants or members.
- If a person’s behavior is determined to be inappropriate within the scope and spirit of the YMCA values.
- For any reason within the discretion of the YMCA management.
A list of prohibited actions can be found here. Members and guests are encouraged to address behavior which is inconsistent YMCA behavior standards. Behavior concerns should be reported to YMCA staff directly or may be reported anonymously to the YMCA Values Line 888-475-8376.
YMCA management will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result from a violation of the YMCA Member and Guest Behavior Standards, or from a violation of any other posted or published rules or policies at a YMCA branch or program/event.
CHILD ABUSE INFORMATION
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas wants all children and teens to be safe. Unfortunately, child abuse does exist, including physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect. We take proactive steps in the prevention of child abuse including thorough staff/volunteer screening, child abuse prevention training and staff/volunteer rules aimed at protecting children from abuse. As a parent you can help to ensure the safety of your child by working with us to keep your child safe. Here are some things you can do:
- Talk to your child about his or her experiences in YMCA programs.
- Drop in on your child’s programs.
- Trust your instincts.
- Don’t wait to tell us if something seems “strange.”
- Speak up! Listen and watch for signs of your child receiving special attention that other children or teens are not receiving, including favors, treats, gifts, rides, increasing affection or time alone, particularly outside the activities of school, child care and other activities. Ask to see the rules staff and volunteers are required to follow to protect children from abuse. If you know someone is breaking those rules, let us know immediately.
If you have concerns about how your child is being treated in any YMCA sponsored program, please call the 214-880-9622.
PROGRAM REFUND POLICY
Prior to the registration deadline, if any individual or team withdraws from a program, a fee, as determined by the YMCA may be deducted before the refund is issued. A staff member may make refunds after the start of a program with proper approval.
CREDIT CARD/BANK DRAFT AGREEMENT
- Credit Card/Bank Draft is a continuous membership plan. Your membership will remain active until you submit a written termination notice.
- If you wish to terminate or change your membership in any way, you must give the YMCA a thirty (30) day written notice in advance of the your next draft in order to guarantee termination/change will take effect prior to that draft.
- The YMCA may, at its discretion, adjust the monthly rate it charges for my membership. You will receive at least 30 days notice prior to any change. Teen memberships automatically adjust to Adult at age 19; Adult memberships automatically adjust to Senior at age 62.
- Should any preauthorized credit or bank draft not be honored by the issuer when received by them, the YMCA will automatically resubmit that draft for payment within ninety (90) days and add to it a $25.00 service charge. The YMCA service charge is in addition to any service fee your bank may charge.
- After two (2) unpaid drafts/months, the YMCA will immediately terminate your membership until all payments are up to date.
OTHER MEMBERSHIP POLICIES
- With approval from the Executive Director, your membership may be placed on hold for (3) months per calender year at no charge for reasons of medical injury or illness or extended travel. You must give thirty (30) days written notice prior to the month(s) you wish to have your membership held.
- Membership Cards are not transferable to anyone else and remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon termination of your membership.
- There may be a fee assessed for replacement membership cards.
- A Joiner Fee will be reassessed to memberships that have lapsed for more than sixty (60) days
MEMBERSHIP SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Member Right to Immediate Termination: You may cancel your membership without penalty or further obligation during the first thirty (30) days of your membership by submitting in writing your notice of termination. Memberships may be terminated in person, by fax or email. All membership fees paid to the YMCA, including joining fees, will be refunded to you.
Member Ongoing Right to Termination: After the first thirty (30) days of membership, you may terminate the remainder of your membership at any time by giving the YMCA notice thirty (30) days in advance of the date you want to terminate. Memberships may be terminated in person, by fax or email. If you have an Annual membership, you will receive a refund prorated for the amount of time that you have used the YMCA prior to termination. Joining Fees are NOT refundable after the first thirty (30) days of membership.
Additional Rights to Termination: You, or your estate, may also terminate your membership for the following reasons and receive a prorated refund:
- In the case of your death.
- If the YMCA is not able to provide membership services because the YMCA fails to open a planned YMCA, or permanently discontinues operations of a YMCA, or substantially changes the operation of the YMCA and no longer offers membership services.
All membership fees paid by the member for the terminated membership, for reasons outlined above, prorated for the amount of time that the YMCA was used by the member prior to termination, will be refunded to the member or his/her estate within fifteen (15) business days of the YMCA receipt of written notice.
I have given authority to the bank or credit card issuer named below to honor preauthorized debits drawn by the YMCA on my account for membership payments as indicated. It is understood that the draft on my account shall constitute valid notice of such payment due on my membership. When the bank or credit card issuer honors the payment, my account statement shall constitute receipt for the payment.
I hereby irrevocably release, consent and allow the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas to use my/our photographs/likeness, as it pertains to my/our participation with the YMCA, in any manner for promotional efforts without expectation of any reimbursement in connection with its use.
By my signature on the waiver and of my free will, I do hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas from any and all claims or demands, costs or expenses arising out of any injuries, damages or other losses, whether personal or property, sustained by me or any party to whom I am responsible. By my signature I acknowledge that I have been given information to read with regards to other YMCA policies. I have read and understand the policies on the reverse side.