As part of the YMCA's effort to help youth succeed, the Dallas YMCA offers, through the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Foundation, a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors living in the Dallas area with an affiliation to the Dallas YMCA.
Selections are based on college entrance scores, high school grades, financial circumstances, community service, and the individual's personal motivation and desire for furthering his/her education. Students have an opportunity to receive renewable scholarships up to $3,000 per year for 4 years.
The postmark deadline is Saturday, January 18, 2020. Mail or deliver your application and required paperwork to*:
T. Boone Pickens YMCA - Scholarship Department
601 N. Akard St., Dallas, TX 75201
*Please note: no faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
Interview dates are Saturday, February 22th and Saturday, February 29th , 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Scholarship Recipients are required to:
- Take a minimum of 15 hours per semester
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to remain in the Dallas YMCA Scholarship Program
- Return the following documents every semester:
- Renewal Form (Emails from college scholarship office 1 month before it's due back)
- Previous semester transcript (Does not have to be the official transcript, but we do need to see that it was downloaded from your college's site)
- Upcoming semester schedule
- Progress letter (Short letter that tells what activities you are involved in, challenges you have faced in the last semester, what you are looking forward to in the coming semester, etc.)
For more information, please contact email@example.com.