On Saturday, February 23rd, The Ashford Rise School of Dallas held its 2nd Runway For Rise fashion show and luncheon, with more than 300 guests in attendance at The Adolphus Hotel. The luncheon began with a silent auction and signature "Mystery Boxes" for sale, but the really fun began with the fashionable student runway models who stole the show!
Summer is a great time to work for the Y. We are seeking teens and young adult to serve as camp counselors, lifeguards, swim instructor and much more. Meet new friends, learn new skills, and make a difference all at the same time. Join us this summer and experience more than just a job!
On March 5th the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas held the 2nd YMCA Day of Giving. This year for the first time both the Arlington and Ft Worth YMCAs joined the one-day event geared to providing an opportunity to give to your local YMCA. This year with all three YMCAs in the Metroplex participating, we were able to raise collectively $294,576!
Summer is getting closer by the minute. Have your vacation plans set? How about your child’s summer plans? No worries beginning Friday, March 15th – Monday, March 18th the YMCA will hold our Super Summer Sign Up days - one stop shopping for summer fun. Learn more, play more and experience more with great summer savings
One in three American adults is at risk for developing type 2 diabetes, a serious disease that can lead to complications like kidney failure, heart disease, stroke, blindness, and amputations. But type 2 diabetes doesn’t have to be permanent—it can be prevented or delayed with healthy lifestyle modifications. The first step is learning your risk.
There's so much going on within the Dallas YMCA Association! President and CEO, Curt Hazelbaker, gives his monthly take on what's happening and where we are going in his newsletter.
DFW YMCA'S TEAMING UP TO RAISE OVER $100,000 FOR NORTH TEXAS COMMUNITIES
Dallas, March 5, 2019YMCAs in Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington are coming together for YMCA Day of Giving, a one-day giving event geared to providing an opportunity to give to your local Y across the DFW Metroplex.
YMCA SERVICES DURING GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN
Dallas, January 15, 2019For federal employees and their families while on furlough during the Federal Government shutdown, the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is waiving a month of membership dues for our current members impacted through January, as well as offering free workouts to non-members also impacted.
DALLAS YMCA CFO NAMED NONPROFIT CFO OF THE YEAR BY DALLAS BUSINESS JOURNAL
Dallas, November 15, 2018YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Chief Financial Officer, David Bornowski, was named Non-Profit CFO of the Year by the Dallas Business Journal at their annual awards luncheonDallas Business Journal's annual CFO awards program honors financial professionals in North Texas for outstanding performances in their roles as financial stewards.The
CHILDHOOD OBESITY IS A FAMILY AFFAIR
DALLAS (September 1, 2018) – September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, and while the dangers of childhood obesity are well chronicled, many families need support changing their families’ habits with the goal of overweight and obese children obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight. The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas wants families in North Texas to understand how adopting healthy habits together can help reduce childhood obesity.
IRVING FAMILY YMCA WELCOMES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO THE COMMUNITY
IRVING (August 31, 2018) - On September 4th, 6pm – 8pm the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas and the Irving Family YMCA is hosting a Meet & Greet with new Executive Director Jesse Pazdernik at the Irving Arts Center located at 3333 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75062. Jesse brings 15 years of YMCA experience, where he recently served as Associate Executive Director for the Rancho Family YMCA of San Diego County before joining the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas as Executive Director of the Irving Family YMCA.
DAYMARK LIVING FOUNDER RECEIVES GOV. ABBOT’S LONE STAR AWARD
WAXAHACHIE (August 21, 2018) John Poston, founder of the Ashford Rise School of Dallas at the Moody Family YMCA and Daymark Living, received the Governor’s Lone Star Achievement Award for his 20 year service to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Poston is also the recipient of the Dallas Y's 2017 George L. Allen Leadership Award for his outstanding leadership in service to our community or group of people who experience unique challenges.
AT&T AWARDS $65,000 TO YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS PROGRAM EMPOWERING MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
DALLAS (August 21, 2018) – AT&T awards the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas $65,000 for the Y Achievers program that empowers students to reach their highest potential. The contribution supports the continuous expansion of the program to help middle school and high school teens. The Y Achievers program is a national YMCA program that was started in Houston, Texas to provide African American teens with a positive sense of self and aspirations for professional careers in the workforce. Today, the program helps low-to-moderate income students and families across the country.
2018 Press Releases
2017 Press Releases
For additional details and photos visit: MarathonFoto
2016 Press Releases
- Moody Family YMCA Holds Sneak Peek Event
- Dallas YMCA Gives Local Seniors Scholarships
- Dallas YMCA Hosts 131st Annual Meeting
- Panelist Bring "Healthy Relationship Huddle" to DeSoto
2015 News Releases
- YMCA Receives $4,000 From The Texas Bar Foundation
- 12th Annual YMCA Key Leaders Luncheon
- Prevention Could Be The Cure For High Health Costs
- The Importance of STEM
- Dallas Chosen As Pilot Site To Expand STEM Education To East Dallas, Pleasant Grove
- Dallas YMCA Hosts Lone Star Swim Meet
- IMAGINE SCIENCE Takes Flight
- USA Women's Soccer Team Inspires Grand Prairie YMCA Day Campers
- At The Heart Of It All
- Dallas YMCA Celebrates Dads
- White Rock YMCA Hosts a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- YMCA MAKE A SPLASH Swim Initiative Teaches Life Saving Skills
- Dallas YMCA Hosts Annual Campaign Victory Celebration
- YMCA Breaks Ground On The New Moody Family YMCA In The Park Cities
- YMCA College Scholarships
- Texas Democrats, Republicans Unite To Form YMCA Legislative Caucus
- Dallas YMCA hosts 130th Annual Meeting
- YMCADallas Receives Office Depot Foundation Donation
- Two YMCA Members: One Suffers a Near Fatal Heart Condition, the Other Saves His Life
- Dallas Y Chosen for Deloitte's Pro Bono Community Investment
2014 News Releases
- 47th Annual Capital One Bank Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot
- JER Chilton YMCA ribbon cutting a 'legacy event' for the community
- Dez Bryant hands out turkeys at the Oak Cliff YMCA
- 11th Annual YMCA Key Leaders Luncheon
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas & The Rise School Announce Merge
- Park South YMCA Unveils Upgrades Thanks to Crystal Charity Ball
- Gary Kelly will be the 2014 Key Leaders Luncheon Keynote Speaker
- YMCA and DCHHS Host a Diabetes Prevention Program Campaign Kick-Off
- Park Cities YMCA Celebrates The Adaptive Aquatics Program of Ability Connection Texas
- The Dallas Y to Host Jillian Michaels
- The Dallas YMCA Celebrates Father's Day
- Dallas Joins the Street Revolution by Bringing Ciclovía to Uptown
- YMCA Teaches Life Saving Skills to Kids
- Congressman Veasey Promotes The YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program
- Park Cities Y Announces Plan For Interim Space
- Healthy Kids Day
- White Rock YMCA Receives $3M Anonymous Gift
- Moody Foundation Gives $8 Million
- JER Chilton YMCA - Ground Breaking
- YMCA at White Rock Ground Breaking
- 33rd Annual College Scholarship Reception