On October 4th, the Y held the 15th Annual YMCA Key Leaders Luncheon. Five hundred community and YMCA leaders from the Texas area were in attendance.
Robert Kaplan, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas served as the lunch keynote.
Costumes & Treats & Fun! We love them but we all want our kids to have a safe Halloween. The MayoClinic has some great safety tips for this spooky season!
Roctober is here and you won’t want to miss the rockin' new music and moves coming this month in our Group Ex classes!
The holiday is season is just around the corner and cooler weather is here. The Dallas YMCA Turkey Tort, the BMW Marathon and the Jingle bell Run have a plan to keep you running right through the holiday!
President & CEO, Curt Hazelbaker, gives his take on what's happening and where we are going in his newsletter.
Check out the upcoming Holiday Camps offered through the YMCA School Age Services. Camps are offered at multiple locations and provide hours of fun!
DAYMARK LIVING FOUNDER RECEIVES GOV. ABBOT’S LONE STAR AWARD
WAXAHACHIE (May 21, 2018) John Poston, founder of the Ashford Rise School of Dallas at the Moody Family YMCA and Daymark Living, received the Governor’s Lone Star Achievement Award for his 20 year service to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Poston is also the recipient of the Dallas Y's 2017 George L. Allen Leadership Award for his outstanding leadership in service to our community or group of people who experience unique challenges.
CHILDHOOD OBESITY IS A FAMILY AFFAIR
DALLAS (September 1, 2018) – September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, and while the dangers of childhood obesity are well chronicled, many families need support changing their families’ habits with the goal of overweight and obese children obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight. The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas wants families in North Texas to understand how adopting healthy habits together can help reduce childhood obesity.
IRVING FAMILY YMCA WELCOMES NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TO THE COMMUNITY
IRVING (August 31, 2018) - On September 4th, 6pm – 8pm the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas and the Irving Family YMCA is hosting a Meet & Greet with new Executive Director Jesse Pazdernik at the Irving Arts Center located at 3333 North MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75062. Jesse brings 15 years of YMCA experience, where he recently served as Associate Executive Director for the Rancho Family YMCA of San Diego County before joining the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas as Executive Director of the Irving Family YMCA.
AT&T AWARDS $65,000 TO YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS PROGRAM EMPOWERING MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
DALLAS (August 21, 2018) – AT&T awards the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas $65,000 for the Y Achievers program that empowers students to reach their highest potential. The contribution supports the continuous expansion of the program to help middle school and high school teens. The Y Achievers program is a national YMCA program that was started in Houston, Texas to provide African American teens with a positive sense of self and aspirations for professional careers in the workforce. Today, the program helps low-to-moderate income students and families across the country.
DALLAS YMCA NAMED NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR
DALLAS (August 2, 2018) With more than 400 in attendance at the inaugural D CEO and Communities Foundation Nonprofit and Corporate Citizenship Award event, the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas was recognized as the Nonprofit Organization of the Year in the Large Organization category. D CEO and the Communities Foundation recognized corporate and nonprofit efforts to give back to the community in North Texas. This first year, 340 nominations were received and were narrowed down to 65 finalists in 11 categories.
2018 Press Releases
2017 Press Releases
For additional details and photos visit: MarathonFoto
2016 Press Releases
- Moody Family YMCA Holds Sneak Peek Event
- Dallas YMCA Gives Local Seniors Scholarships
- Dallas YMCA Hosts 131st Annual Meeting
- Panelist Bring "Healthy Relationship Huddle" to DeSoto
2015 News Releases
- YMCA Receives $4,000 From The Texas Bar Foundation
- 12th Annual YMCA Key Leaders Luncheon
- Prevention Could Be The Cure For High Health Costs
- The Importance of STEM
- Dallas Chosen As Pilot Site To Expand STEM Education To East Dallas, Pleasant Grove
- Dallas YMCA Hosts Lone Star Swim Meet
- IMAGINE SCIENCE Takes Flight
- USA Women's Soccer Team Inspires Grand Prairie YMCA Day Campers
- At The Heart Of It All
- Dallas YMCA Celebrates Dads
- White Rock YMCA Hosts a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- YMCA MAKE A SPLASH Swim Initiative Teaches Life Saving Skills
- Dallas YMCA Hosts Annual Campaign Victory Celebration
- YMCA Breaks Ground On The New Moody Family YMCA In The Park Cities
- YMCA College Scholarships
- Texas Democrats, Republicans Unite To Form YMCA Legislative Caucus
- Dallas YMCA hosts 130th Annual Meeting
- YMCADallas Receives Office Depot Foundation Donation
- Two YMCA Members: One Suffers a Near Fatal Heart Condition, the Other Saves His Life
- Dallas Y Chosen for Deloitte's Pro Bono Community Investment
2014 News Releases
- 47th Annual Capital One Bank Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot
- JER Chilton YMCA ribbon cutting a 'legacy event' for the community
- Dez Bryant hands out turkeys at the Oak Cliff YMCA
- 11th Annual YMCA Key Leaders Luncheon
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas & The Rise School Announce Merge
- Park South YMCA Unveils Upgrades Thanks to Crystal Charity Ball
- Gary Kelly will be the 2014 Key Leaders Luncheon Keynote Speaker
- YMCA and DCHHS Host a Diabetes Prevention Program Campaign Kick-Off
- Park Cities YMCA Celebrates The Adaptive Aquatics Program of Ability Connection Texas
- The Dallas Y to Host Jillian Michaels
- The Dallas YMCA Celebrates Father's Day
- Dallas Joins the Street Revolution by Bringing Ciclovía to Uptown
- YMCA Teaches Life Saving Skills to Kids
- Congressman Veasey Promotes The YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program
- Park Cities Y Announces Plan For Interim Space
- Healthy Kids Day
- White Rock YMCA Receives $3M Anonymous Gift
- Moody Foundation Gives $8 Million
- JER Chilton YMCA - Ground Breaking
- YMCA at White Rock Ground Breaking
- 33rd Annual College Scholarship Reception