Camping at the Y Keeps Youth Moving, Learning and Exploring All Summer Long
For parents, extra support to keep youth healthy can go a long way. According to the latest findings of the YMCA’s Family Health Snapshot, a survey that gauges children’s activity levels during the school year, nearly 50 percent of U.S. parents say technological distractions such as television, cell phones or video games make it difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle for their children. With more free time in summer, ensuring that kids practice healthy habits could be a greater challenge.
To give youth an adventurous, active and healthy summer, the YMCA Camp Grady Spruce, Camp on the Lake, and YMCA Collin County Adventure Camp are offering several night and day camps for youth in the Dallas area.
YMCA camp programs provide a fun and unique experience that gives children and teens the opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
There are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit www.ymcadallas.org for details.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and campfire stories) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
Registration details for the upcoming camp season are available at http://www.ymcadallas.org/youth_development/summer_camps/