Coaching for the Y
A mainstay of YMCA offerings for young people, Y youth sports programs fill kids' discretionary hours with positive activities and caring cooperation over winning at any cost, developing good values over developing the next superstar. Basketball and volleyball, both YMCA inventions, are popular youth programs, as are flag football, T-ball, and soccer.
Lead your team
If you are interested in being a volunteer coach, please contact the branch sports director.
No formal experience necessary. Free online training is available!
- Register as a Volunteer below or search for current opportunities, if you have already completed the application process and Background Check.
- Review the Sports Parent Handbook for complete league information.
- Review the Coach Manual and Emergency Procedures for your records.
- Attend the mandatory Coach's Meeting
Want to Volunteer at the Y?
We are very excited to announce a new website portal that will help us better serve you as a YMCA volunteer!
This portal greatly simplifies the ways you volunteer through the YMCA. It includes: an online application, volunteer project catalog, and integrated criminal background check provider (verified volunteers).
The system makes it easier to interact with the YMCA and helps us better track all the great work you are doing on our behalf.
To Register a Volunteer Profile:
- Click here to get started.
- Click “Register Now”
- Complete the Application and Submit
- Login with new Credentials
- Sign our Policies and Save
- Browse our Project Catalog
Browse Our Project Catalog
To Volunteer for an Opportunity:
- Click “Volunteer” under the opportunity
- You will be prompted to “Register” or “Login”
- Complete the application and any required credentials
Thank you for volunteering with the YMCA! You are part of a dynamic, diverse network of cause-driven neighbors dedicated to strengthening the foundations of our communities. Thank you for being part of this Important work- together, we’re building a better us.