- what we offer
- Give to the Y
McKinney Family YMCA
MY LIFE is a FREE 1-day, 6-hour course for youth 10 to 18 years of age, who have been school or court-ordered to participate in community service activities. The day’s activities have been developed to provide a thought provoking and life changing experience for the participants.The program is based on the YMCA core values of HONESTY, RESPECT, CARING and RESPONSIBILITY.
• COMMUNITY SERVICE
• LIFE SKILLS
• MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER
Parents are asked to bring their child at least 15 minutes early to complete required paperwork.
Youth Registration 8:45am
Parent Orientation 8:45-9:00am
MY LIFE 9:00am-3:00pm (Lunch providedL
Pickup promptly at 3:00pm
The program often includes a motivational speaker who inspires the youths to write an exceptional letter through the "Power of the Pen"
• Cell phone use is prohibited during program.
• Students 10-18 yrs of age must be referred by a School or Teen Court Official or Judge.
• Students must arrive on time with all necessary forms filled out & signed.
• Parent/Guardian must attend the 8:45-9:00am orientation upon registration of their children.
• Parent/Guardian must be available via phone, and no more than 30 minutes away in case of emergency.